List:       openser-users
Subject:    [SR-Users]  Meddling with password during authentication
From:       Olli Heiskanen <ohjelmistoarkkitehti () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-12-26 18:33:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello all,

During authentication, is there any way to affect the password user is
sending? I do suspect not as it is a clear security matter, but won't hurt
to ask. I use auth_db module with calculate_ha1 parameter set to 1. For
reasons in integrating Kamailio into my system architecture there is a need
to store a password in some other format than for example
md5('555:domain.com:password)') while not allowing any passwords to be
stored as plaintext.

For example: md5('555:domain.com:md5('password')') but this would require
me to hash the password before authentication, in Kamailio script as I
can't do it in the clients.

Reason for this question is to have my users in a separate database, and
these users could have 0-n sip peers assigned to them, and have users
authenticate to my software and the sip peers using the same password.

cheers,
Olli