List:       openser-devel
Subject:    [sr-dev] Review of the new MIB variables
From:       "Olle E. Johansson" <oej () edvina ! net>
Date:       2013-03-30 17:40:19

Hi!

I am in no way a MIB expert, I'm learning as I move along here. If you know about \
SNMP Mibs and have some opinions, please review my changes and give me feedback.

I am building a new structure more adopted to Kamailio, not at all replacing the \
standard MIBs, but exposing  more data about the Kamailio core process, memory and \
module variables. I might have gone overboard with sub-levels, but I am a structure \
freak... ;-)

Much of this data is currently available in the RPC interface and I've written shell \
scripts for NET-SNMP before to expose them, but it's far more efficient to do it \
natively in the SNMP process.

Additionally, I would like to be able to run SNMPstats as a standalone SNMP agent for \
cases where there are multiple Kamailio processes on one server. This is what I \
currently do with Asterisk, where the SNMP module can be configured as an Agentx \
sub-agent or a full agent. If anyone has done this before and  wants to code - I look \
forward to your help!

/O