List:       openser-devel
Subject:    [Devel] PostgreSQL Module Updates
From:       Norman Brandinger <norm () goes ! com>
Date:       2006-10-31 22:19:47

Hello List,

I would like to thank Greg Fausak / Andy Fullford for providing the initial \
PostgreSQL implementation over three years ago.

There have been some pretty extensive updates to the postgres module recently.

Below is a brief list of the changes:

1. All memory allocation/deallocation are now performed by the pkg_* memory \
management routines that are used by the rest of OpenSER.
2. Connection pooling has been implemented by the same base routines that the mysql \
module currently uses.
3. Fetch support has been implemented.  It appears that currently, only the usrloc \
module takes advantage of this feature.
4. Many sanity checks have been added and some reasonable defaults are assumed when \
an invalid value is detected.
5. General code refurbishment and the addition of many comments has taken place.

6. Some of the files have been renamed and/or combined to make it easier to locate \
subroutines.
7. Renamed many subroutines with pg_ prefix to be globally unique across OpenSER.

If anyone would like more detailed information about these changes, I would be happy \
to answer them.   Please post any questions to the list for the benefit of the rest \
of the community.

Regards,
Norm