List:       openpkg-users
Subject:    Re: rrdtool-1.2.11-2.5.0.src.rpm build failure on CentOS 4 (RHEL4)
From:       Simon J Mudd <sjmudd () pobox ! com>
Date:       2005-12-18 18:32:43

"Ralf S. Engelschall" <rse@openpkg.org> writes:

> On Sat, Dec 17, 2005, Simon J Mudd wrote:
>
> > It looks like the rrdtool does not check that tcl is available and if not will fail.
> > [...]
>
> The problem is that on your platform Tcl (at least to some extend)
> is provided by the vendor, rrdtool's Autoconf finds this but the
> build-flags of rrdtool's Makefiles do not allow it to compile against
> it.

I guess that rrdtool also does not look at the environment
_sufficiently_ to see that there are no tcl header files and so only
notices the problem later (when compiling).  The ideal situation would
be to conditionally include support against the openpkg tcl rpm but I
don't need this functionality so don't worry about it.

The new rpm fixes _my_ problems. Thanks.

> I've now tried to explicitly disable the Tcl and Python bindings
> with OpenPKG CURRENT's rrdtool-1.2.11-20051217 and higher.  Can you
> retry with this one?

After:
- removing system tcl-devel (leaving system tcl package)
- removing openpkg tcl and old rrdtool rpm

I rebuilt the new /openpkg/RPM/PKG/rrdtool-1.2.11-20051217.ix86-rhl4.2-ope.rpm

Seems to work fine.
Thanks.

Simon