List:       openpkg-dev
Subject:    Re: [CVS] OpenPKG: openpkg-src/groff/ groff.patch groff.spec
From:       "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rse () openpkg ! org>
Date:       2005-09-07 9:32:54

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005, Steve Weinreich wrote:

> The release 1.19.2 from groff comes with some X AppDefaults which the build
> process tries to install somewhere in /etc/X11/. For the moment I have
> removed the installation of the AppDefaults file since I am not aware of a
> AppDefault Dir in the OpenPkg instance. Is this the right way to fix this?

Well, yes, there is no dedicated X Application Defaults directory in
OpenPKG -- it was never really required. For the few packages which
required it, we have done an ugly wrapping hack. For instance "xfig" is
a shell script which does:

#!/bin/sh
PATH="/usr/opkg/bin:$PATH"
export PATH
XUSERFILESEARCHPATH="/usr/opkg/etc/X11/app-defaults/%N"
export XUSERFILESEARCHPATH
exec /usr/opkg/libexec/xfig/xfig ${1+"$@"}

Not really nice, but a lot better solution is unfortunately not possible
until we really get our "xorg" package fully working (then we can
hard-code a common AppDefault dir in it and use it from all other
packages).

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com