List:       openpkg-dev
Subject:    Re: %post executed by /bin/sh ?
From:       "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rse () openpkg ! org>
Date:       2005-03-29 15:25:54

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005, Matthias Kurz wrote:

> Apparently the %post snippet is executed by '/bin/sh'. Is there a
> way to change this (to bash) ? First. And second, is there a way to
> preserve the temporary rpm-tmp.<pid>-files ?

I've currently not the time to step into the RPM sources, but there are
macros for the shell. For instance, macro %{_buildshell} is for the
%prep, %build, and %install steps used. So I would assume there is also
a macro for %post. OTOH, the removal of the temporary files could be
hard-coded in RPM. But, sorry, you have to dig around in the RPM sources
to find such things out.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com