List:       openpkg-dev
Subject:    Re: Problem Bootstrapping from source Solaris 8
From:       "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rse () openpkg ! org>
Date:       2005-03-16 7:10:08

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005, Jeffrey Carlton Johnson wrote:

> Does OpenPKG support building a 64 bit userland on Sparc64 Solaris 8?

By default OpenPKG's gcc builds 32 bit executables under Solaris AFAIK.

> If
> so, how should the environment be configured to do so? Also, any plans
> on building Apache 2.0.59 SRPMS? If I have the wrong list, please let me
> know. I tried the feedback page on the website the other day and it
> didn't work.

There is no Apache 2.0.59, just an Apache 2.0.53 AFAIK. And there is an
"apache2" package in OpenPKG-CURRENT which provides exactly this piece
of software. Nevetheless I personally would use the Apache 1.3 from the
"apache" package myself, but I'm biased here... ;-)

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com