List:       openpkg-dev
Subject:    Re: Apache 1 and 2 should conflict.
From:       Thomas Lotterer <thl () dev ! de ! cw ! com>
Date:       2005-02-14 12:32:41

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005, Matthias Kurz wrote:

> All said.

I want to make the proposal of renaming the apache2 package to httpd.
This would align the name with Linux Distros and ASF terminology. It
would also allow both packages to coexist for a prolonged time and no
longer suggest that the apache2 package will ever become a successor of
the apache package. Unfortunately, I have too little motivation to take
the time doing it (never tested whether a simple search'n'replace in the
spec would work). Anyone supporting the idea?

--
Thomas.Lotterer@cw.com, Cable & Wireless