List:       openpkg-dev
Subject:    os_compat (Was: Re: platform - mandrake)
From:       Thomas Lotterer <thl () dev ! de ! cw ! com>
Date:       2004-01-30 19:43:46

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004, Philippe Libat wrote:

Thanks for the contribution, Philippe.

> I've tested successfully the compilation of OpenPKG-CURRENT on 3 release
> of MandrakeLinux
> mandrake7.2
> mandrake8.2
> mandrake9.2

Nice to hear that OpenPKG works on Mandrake. That's one of the brains
waiting for transplantation should a new headless animal arrive at our
build farm.

> os_compat: mandrake7.0:  mandrake7.0 anyos [...]
> Could you add this lines by default ?

I won't make promises. Not because of Mandrake. We're thinking of
removing the os_compat stuff entirely. It's kinda false friend
suggesting that a platform is compatible to another. Using that stuff
makes the user feel happy until reality hits him. Maybe the better
approach is to let an error knock on his screen and if he decides to try
it anyway, let him explicitly use --ignorearch and/or --ignoreos.

--
Thomas.Lotterer@cw.com, Cable & Wireless