List:       openpkg-dev
Subject:    KDE packaging
From:       "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rse () engelschall ! com>
Date:       2003-08-18 18:32:02

I've finally done it in my free time over the weekend: packaging of the
base KDE components. This stuff is an even more horrible beast than
every other package we have.

We now have the five packages kde, kde-qt, kde-arts, kde-libs and
kde-base which is KDE up to the base components but without all the
additional toy stuff (this I perhaps do later, because I personally use
a very stripped down KDE myself only and for this the base components
are enough ;-).

The whole stuff is fully untested, I've just packaged it and built it
under FreeBSD 4 only ;-). So feel free to test it now. But be prepared:
the stuff requires lots of hours to build, even on a high-end PC...
Consider the current stuff a first start which certainly needs more
investigation and tweaking.

You've been warned...
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com