List:       openpkg-dev
Subject:    Re: [BugDB] coreutils su not setuid root (PR#173)
From:       Michael van Elst <mlelstv () dev ! de ! cw ! net>
Date:       2003-03-26 8:31:17

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003, mnagel@willingminds.com wrote:

Hi,

> After building and installing coreutils, using rc to start services began to
> fail.  I traced this to the use of the su version installed with coreutils,
> which was setuid to the OpenPKG user (in my case this was okpg).  The RPM spec
> should install this program suid root.

I checked the build process:

su is only installed into the package when you build the package as
user root, which you shouldn't but which on the other side shouldn't
have side effects either. In that case it gets a suid-bit but the
file will belong to the OpenPKG user.

I have fixed this in coreutils-4.5.11-20030326

Thanks for your report :)

Greetings,
--
    ,eM""=.            a"-.                         Michael van Elst
   dWWMWM" -          :GM==;                        mlelstv@dev.de.cw.net