List:       openorb-users
Subject:    Re: [openorb-users] Problem with ethernet link down when all my corba applications are running on a
From:       "Richard Clark" <rgc197 () zepler ! org>
Date:       2004-06-24 17:19:51

> Both my server and client applications are running on a lonely machine (W2K)
fitted with one ethernet board.
> When I unplug the ethernet cable from this machine then the exception
CORBA_TRANSIENT
> is raised on my client application, although my applications have no need for
the ethernet link.
> What can I do to avoid this default behevior ?

Keep the cable plugged in or install a local IP loopback service. By pulling out
the cable you are disabling the IP interface associated with your ethernet card
which means that there is no working IP interface, therefore no sockets can be
opened.

-Richard