List:       openorb-users
Subject:    [openorb-users] Issue while passing string param
From:       Prathewsha Kannan <prathewsha () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-12-30 11:57:38

Hi,

I am facing a problem while passing a string data of size greater than 190KB from \
java side to C++ side.

Java client invokes an interface method on C++ object , which is compiled on TAO1.2.1 \
. The method takes in string param . While passing a string of size greater than \
190KB , the call doesnt reach the C++ object, whereas the invocation goes through \
successfully in Visibroker.

With JavaOrb & C++ ( compiled on TAO1.2.1) object, the maximum string size it allows \
is 32KB. Whereas with OpenOrb & C++ object , the maximum string size it allows is \
about 190KB.

Open ORB version which we use is OpenORB-1.2.0.

Did you guys ever come across such problem ?

Is there a solution to this problem ?

- Regards

Prathewsha