List:       openorb-users
Subject:    [openorb-users] PI configuration
From:       Bryan <bryan () arbores ! ca>
Date:       2002-12-23 6:06:46

I downloaded and installed OpenORB 1.3.0 late last week.

> Portable Interceptors
>
> To be used, the portable interceptor feature must be activated into the
> OpenORB XML configuration file. The following entry must be added:
>
> <org>
> <omg>
> <PortableInterceptor>
> <CodecFactory>true</CodecFactory>
> <PolicyFactory>true</PolicyFactory>
> <ClientRequestInterceptor>true</ClientRequestInterceptor>
> <ServerRequestInterceptor>true</ServerRequestInterceptor>
> <IORInterceptor>true<IORInterceptor>
> </PortableInterceptor>
> </omg>
> </org>

I did -not- change the OpenORB.xml and default.xml files at all, and PIs
seem to work!

However, my call to ORB.init().resolve_initial_references("PICurrent")
from a servant result in the following:

org.omg.CORBA.NO_IMPLEMENT:   vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 0  completed: No
at org.openorb.CORBA.ORBSingleton.resolve_initial_references(Unknown Source)

Specifically,

(1) Must I include the XML snippet above in order to make this work,
    or is this a different problem

(2) If I have to include it, exactly where does it go (within which
    profile and/or module?

Thanks,
Bryan Woods, President
Arbores Infosystems Inc.
http://www.arbores.ca

This information is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient, please inform us immediately and delete this
message from your system. Any disclosure, copying, distribution, action
taken or not taken in reliance to it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.