List:       openorb-users
Subject:    [openorb-users] How to unbind an EventChannel from the EventServer
From:       shashi <shashi () ksu ! edu>
Date:       2002-12-08 0:19:10

Hi,
How to unbind an EventChannel from the EventServer? My application creates
multiple EventChannels. I know there is a method named removeChannel(String
channel_name) in the class EventChannelFactoryImpl. But, this method is
declared to be protected.

If I do a destroy() on the EventChannel, the EventServer crashes. Any
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Shashi

PS: I am using following code to create an EventChannel.

eventChannelFactory =
orb.string_to_object("corbaname:rir:#COS/EventService/EventChannelFactory");

org.omg.CosEventChannelAdmin.EventChannel eventChannel =
org.openorb.event.EventChannelFactoryHelper.narrow(eventChannelFactory).create
_channel(chanelId+"");