List:       openorb-users
Subject:    [openorb-users] PSS / transactions
From:       "Grosam (ext) Matthias" <Matthias.Grosam.ext () med ! siemens ! de>
Date:       2002-12-04 15:22:58

Hi everybody,

we managed to make Naming Service persistent in database (Oracle) by using
INS, PSS and OTS. In order to increase the fail-safe of the Naming Service,
we started several (at the moment two) persistent Naming Services which
access the same database tables. If we start the Naming Services in
succession (starting the second when the first is up) it works. If we start
the Naming Services at the same time they don't work correctly sometimes:
servers which are registered in Naming Service are not accessible or
anything else.
We assumed that something could be go wrong with transactions at startup of
the naming services. So we thought that a false transaction level could be
used in ots.xml. The transaction level value is used in class
org.openorb.pss.connector.database.TransactionalDatabaseSession. But an
instance of this class is never instantiated. Only instances of
DatabaseSession are used. Therefore i think specifying the transaction level
has no effect. Is it a bug in the PSS or is it right that the persistent
Naming Service runs without using transactions?

Cheers,
Matthias