List:       openorb-devel
Subject:    Re: [openorb-devel] [Ann] OpenORB 1.4.0 released
From:       Lars_Kühne <lakuehne () t-online ! de>
Date:       2005-06-01 4:21:12

S. Sahayaraj wrote:

> I've small question about openORB-1.4.0 binaries.
>
> In OpenORB-1.3.0, we usually have all CORBA implementation classes(omg.CORBA.x.x) \
> as part of OpenORB-1.3.0.jar file. We do not have such classes in \
> openorb_orb-1.4.0.jar file.
> Are we keeping these classes in separate JAR files or ignored?. Pls let me know \
> about that in details.

Those classes are now kept in openorb_orb_omg-1.4.0.jar. The reason is
that new classes have been added by the OMG, which are not available in
JDK 1.3 and 1.4.

The JDK searches for the CORBA classes on only the system classpath, so
you have to add the openorb_orb_omg.jar to the bootclasspath or (in JDK
1.4) in the endorsed.dir. This is fairly intrusive, and it makes sense
to do this only for the OMG classes, not for the openorb implementation
classes.

In JDK 1.5 you can probably ignore the openorb_orb_omg.jar, because the
JDK ships the additional classes OpenORB requires as well.

Lars