List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] accessable online help?
From:       CPHennessy <cphennessy () openoffice ! org>
Date:       2005-04-30 12:07:11

On Thursday 07 April 2005 17:54, + Richard Clark wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> I forgot to mention the platform details.
> This is an early Sunblade hardware running Solaris 8.
> OOo is installed network based.
> I am not a sysadmin and do not have root permissions.
>
> >The new features highlights for version 1.1 mentions improvements to
> >make the online help material more accessable to users with vision
> >impairments.
> >
> >So the question(s):
> >Where is it? How do I bring it up on my screen?
> >
> >In the Tools/Options menu it is possible to set the background and text
> >colors. Also a zoom factor can be set. These are applied across several
> >(maybe all) document types. But they do not have any effect in modifying
> >the default low accessability settings for the online help. Its
> >apearance in version 1.1.4 did not change significantly from 1.0.2.
> >
> >Any pointers on how to improve this?
> >
> >Also, a similar problem now exists on the OOo website. Most of it comes up
> >just fine, but the section reached from the 'get help' link, which may be
> >a potentially important area, imposes someone else's favorite background
> >color over the settings in my preferences. But they don't bother to impose
> >corresponding changes in the colors of text or other objects, resulting in
> >an inappropriate combination.
> >
> >Thanks for any help with these issues.

Hi Richard,
 There is a way to specify your own CSS for help files. Have a look at :
"Tools" -> "Options" -> "OpenOffice.org" -> "General" and in the section
"OpenOffice.org Help Formatting" try using the high contrast options.

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

				http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ