List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users]  random crashes in OO1.9.95 when saving as .sxw
From:       CPHennessy <cphennessy () openoffice ! org>
Date:       2005-04-30 12:29:32

On Friday 29 April 2005 17:44, kb wrote:
> OO1.9 (.91-.95) seems to have some problems saving files in openoffice1.1
> format. since i have not yet moved to the 1.9 version i try to save any
> file i create in OO1.1 format, this to ensure that i can open it later on a
> computer with only OO1.1.4.
>
> however, mainly on winXP but also a few times on linux have have seen what
> appears to be random crashes of OO1.9 whenever i try to save in OO1.1
> format.
>
> if there are any developers reading this, do you want me to send crash
> reports whenver it happens?

Generally developers do not read the users mailing list (they are busy
implementating features and fixing bugs :)

If you have a problem that can be consistently repeated with a specific file,
then can you please report this in issuezilla ? ( http://openoffice.org ->
"Register", then when you receive a confirmation email, "Login" and "File an
issue" )
In this way the relevant developers will see your bug report / suggestion and
you will also see the progress of this feature / bug report if it is
accepted.

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

				http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ