List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Unprotecting table cell
From:       Urska Colner <urska.colner () agenda ! si>
Date:       2004-11-05 10:04:10

hi claire

i'm working in OOo 1.1.2 on SuSE 9.1 and I can
still click in a cell, even though it is
protected. i can't, however, enter anything in it
as it gives me the 'You can't enter things in
protected areas' message.

we are talking about Writer table, aren't we?

if you're talking about Calc spreadsheet, you'll
have to unprotect the Sheet (Tools - Protect
document - Sheet) or Document to unprotect the
cells. then, if you wish to protect other cells,
you'll (again) have to define which cells you wish
to be *not protected* (select cells, right-click,
Format cells... - uncheck Protected). then, you'll
have to do Toold - Protect document again.

urska