List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    MS now owns double-clicking
From:       rbe <rbe () flash ! net>
Date:       2004-06-05 13:15:00

Microsoft was successful in their attempt to obtain a US patent for any
mouse-click other than a single click.  Thus, double-clicks, long
clicks and anything else you can think of relating to clicking on a
mouse is subject to a patent by MS.

I wonder if the US Patent Office has gone insane.  The double-click
existed in GUI's used long before MS came out with Windows in both PC
applications and on (if I remember correctly), Macs.  I note that the
EU Patent process will now apply to software (if it passes) and subject
EU member states to the same kind of idiocy evidenced so often by the
US Patent Office.  You can read about it here:

http://www.techworld.com/applications/news/index.cfm?newsid=1665

--
Robert Black Eagle