List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: Headers and Footers
From:       rbe <rbe () flash ! net>
Date:       2004-06-05 13:25:21

G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 07:42, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Is it possible to have headers and footers not appearing on the first
>> page? I've looked through all the settings and can't find any way of
>> doing this.
>>

> You are probably missing the page style Title in the stylist list.
> Open the Navigator and click the fourth icon from the list to give you
> page styles and look for Title. This format may not be exactly what
> you want but you can use it to create a First page style of your own.

True, but a more general solution is to use the First page style from
the stylist (F11 and click on the Page style icon).  Check to make sure
that First Page style uses the settings you want (right-click and
select "Modifiy").  Under the "Organizer" tab, make sure the "Next
page" listed is the style you want to use on all other pages (probably
"Default" if you've not used styles before).  First page style, by
default, does not have either headers or footers.  If you want footers,
check that box.

When you're sure that the First Page Style is the way you want it, move
it to the first page and double-click the "First page" style and it
will automatically apply to that page.  Following pages will be in the
default style.

I would suggest getting some documentation on styles as they will make
your work much easier -- you can find a lot on the openoffice.org
website.

--
Robert Black Eagle