List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: fonts truetype
From:       rbe <rbe () flash ! net>
Date:       2004-06-05 13:20:24

G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 05:16, maurizio gatto wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Maurizio,
>> >   It is possible that it is a problem  with Debians version of
>> > OpenOffice.org.
>> > Can you please download from http://download.openoffice.org/ ->
>> > "1.1.2rc2"
>> > and try again ?
>>
>> I did it, but nothing changed. I don't know if it can help to solve
>> the problem, but i noticed that also the font OpenSymbol (which is
>> built in the default setup of openoffice) gives the same trouble of
>> printing squares instaed of characters:[][][][][][][][][].
>
> The substitution you you describe seems to me that it might be a
> setting in AutoCorrect. Please check otherwise I suspect you are
> seeing little squares because the font you are using does not have the
> characters you want.
> --

Sometimes font problems are resolved by running spadmin.  Shut down OOo
(and any quickstarter that Debian may have installed).  Go to the
system installation directory (wherever you put it) in a root terminal
window and run "./spadmin".  Click on the fonts button, navigate to
your fonts directory, click on "Select All" and "OK".  If you're sure,
choose to ignore overwrites.  When done "Close" and "Close" and then
start OOo again.  See if that helps.

--
Robert Black Eagle