List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: Cannot use hp3420 with OO.o 1.1.1 and Red Hat 9
From:       rbe <rbe () flash ! net>
Date:       2004-05-30 6:13:06

CPH wrote:

> On Saturday 29 May 2004 12:15, M. Fioretti wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have connected that printer to a Red Hat 9 Linux PC, and set it up
>> with the redhat-config-printer tool.
>>
>> In OO.o 1.1.1 I launched spadmin, and set it up as generic printer,
>> since that model is not listed. Now when I print a Calc or Writer
>> document it prints only the first half or 3 quarters of the page. It
>> then stops, with the paper stuck in the printer.
>>
>> Everything else is printing fine. Do I have to install a new driver
>> only for OpenOffice? Which one? how to do it without interfering with
>> CUPS and all the applications using it?
>
> Marco, is it not possible to use CUPs in OOo directly ?
> I have used "kprinter" as my printer and this has no problems.
>
> --
> CPH : openoffice.org volunteer
>
> Maybe your question has been answered already?
> http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ
>
> Also please reply *only* to users@openoffice.org, as your responses
> will be answered more quickly, more correctly, and shared to help more
> people.

Suggestion:  There are three options using CUPS, "kprinter," "kprinter
--stdin" and "qtcups."  For some inexplicable reason, sometimes (it
varies from release to release), some of these work and others don't,
but there appears to be no consistency.  However, version 1.1.2rc2
handles all three correctly.  I suspect a fix will be in 1.1.2.

--
Robert Black Eagle