List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: shared Excel files
From:       rbe <rbe () flash ! net>
Date:       2004-05-30 15:34:28

Kelvin wrote:

> Glen wrote,

I agree.  My concern is with the integrity of the database.  If there
really is a way to "share" data without the prospect of unexpected
changes (two people working on the same bit of data at the same time
with each entering a different change), I think it would be a
worthwhile enhancement.  However, if a database supports it already, I
see no reason OOo could not support the enhancements in the database.

This does not seem an easy enhancement to develop, but if it is useful,
the issue should certainly be raised.  I have not yet seen a
description that would address concerns about security and integrity,
however.  The fact that it is in XP and is seen by users as a helpful
tool would seem to indicate that my concerns are met in some fashion
and the enhancement would be valuable.

--
Robert Black Eagle