List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Real Custom Fields
From:       rbe <rbe () flash ! net>
Date:       2004-05-27 13:30:28

I want to be able to introduce custom designed Fields with different
options.

Example: Let us say you write under various pseudonyms (as I do) and
want an "Author2," "Author3" etc entry.  Or you want more than one
address, or anything else of the sort.  As far as I can see, the only
option we really have is to create a one-record database and insert
fields from that, and it's far from good or accurate.

Does anyone at all know how to create custom fields with fixed
replacements?  If I want to have "Author2" with "George of the Jungle"
as the name, is there anyway to do it?

So far, I have found no way to do anything but conditional text and
it's a very clumsy solution as the substitutions I want to make are to
be available in all documents.

--
Robert Black Eagle