List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    OASIS database format, was: Alpha of Database Application
From:       Marco Fioretti <mfioretti () mclink ! it>
Date:       2004-05-27 11:43:02

http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=discuss&msgNo=38356

> > > Marc,
> > > There will *not* be a database inside OOo, rather the current
> > > database component which can be used to connect to [m]any other database's  or \
> > > to the simple internal dBase database.
[snip]
> > More to the pity. While I appreciate the flexibility and power
> of the current implementation, IMHO, OOo suffers from not including
> a lightweight RDBMS ala Access.
[snip]
> Bloat. OOo takes too long to load as it is without adding extra
> components that must be linked to. What is needed is clearer
> documentation and a better wizard to enable connection to an
> external RDMBS.

Alain,
that could be it *if* computers weren't used to communicate and
exchange data with esternal entities. Documentation and wizards
are welcome, but this is NOT the problem being presented, you
answered to another question. Please have a look at this thread:

http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=discuss&msgNo=38356

Ciao,
Marco Fioretti