List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Open Office Files and Word[moderated]
From:       "M. Fioretti" <m.fioretti () inwind ! it>
Date:       2004-04-28 20:14:24

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 09:55:05 AM -0500, Groen, Peter J (Peter.Groen2@med.va.gov) wrote:

> I am getting more Open Office word processing documents (e.g., .srx)
> from my students.

Peter,

congratulations to your students, they are doing the right thing.
Please support them and follow their example. Apart from how expensive
MS Office can be for a student, have you ever read this:

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/schools.html

> I expect more and more Interaction between MS Office products and
> Open Office and need to be able to open Open Office documents from
> MS Office, not just the other way around.

This would be wonderful, but, as others have already pointed out, is a
fault/lack of features on MS, not OO.o side. Please do ask them
officially to do so. In the meantime, try OO.o!

Ciao,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Technology is legislation          -- C. Einfeldt on OO.o discuss list