List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Re: if adding things to OOo was dead simple
From:       Noel Clarkson <noel.clarkson () vic ! uca ! org ! au>
Date:       2004-04-15 6:45:43

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 04:19, Jim Kelleher wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 April 2004 01:33 am, blabla wrote:
> > Jim Kelleher wrote:

> > > How are you trying to open them?
> > > If just clicking on them your OS doesn't know what to do with them if you
> > > are using Open or Files -> Open to fined the file and open it then you've
> > > definatly got a problem that is serious.
> > > .sxw si a Writer format and should be opened with OOo without any probs
> > > at all.
> > >
> > > HTH
> > > JIm TE
> >
> > I was simply clicking on the .sxw link and hoped for the best. OOo
> > opened but never showed anything. I then decided that I download the
> > file and now it seems to work... Strange but true.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ingo
> >
> HoooooooooooKay....
> Never seen this one but as long as it now works I won't complain...
> :)
>
> JIm TE

My guess is that the file was corrupt, I'm not up to the latest version
but I now that one of the versions I've used just dumps out if the file
is corrupt with no warning or anything.  (In my case I was reloading a
file that I had changed via another means and OOo just went off, tried
failed silently and it took me a while to work out that this is what was
happening as the file never looked any different after the reload!).
Obviously downloading the file again could fix that.

Another possibility is that if you are clicking on an OOo file in your
web browser and OOo is opening, but the file is taking a while to come
down, then it may _look_ like nothing is happening but really the file
is just on its way.

Of course, could be something else all together!

cheers,

noel