List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] What is Math
From:       "M. Fioretti" <m.fioretti () inwind ! it>
Date:       2004-04-08 19:40:46

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 11:04:23 AM -0300, Jean Cormier (jean.cormier@wadecompany.ca) wrote:

> I'm putting together a justification for our company (Approx. 40
> Licensed Users) to migrate from MS Office to OpenOffice. Naturally
> license costs are the major issue.  Therefore, I need to do
> application comparisons. I don't now what the application Math
> really does, other than create complex computations. Is there a MS
> Office comparison (I've never seen one)?

If you have never seen it, it is probably because in your company
doesn't need it at all. If this is the case, it might be best to just
ignore it, or just say "and OOo also has a tool to write complex math
formulas".

The shorter the justification, and the more it is centered on savings
on the real, daily "business processes" (God forgive me for those last
two words), the more chances of success it has.

Or not?

   Ciao,
   Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

...the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the
Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. (Calvin)