List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: backgrounds
From:       "Aj Dumas" <ajdumas () pidarch ! com>
Date:       2003-12-17 18:04:42

I am trying to do the same thing in Write. I have followed Ger Singleton's
example...

1) open new Writer document
2) Insert > Graphics > From file...
3) select and open a Gif file (which is a 8"x10.5" image of our letterhead)
4) image is sized and positioned to page
5) Wrap is "Through" and "In Background" box is checked
6) I even selected the graphic and used the pulldown to select "Watermark"

My problem is that the graphic never behaves like it is in the background.
Whenever I try to select text on the page, the graphic gets selected
instead.

Is there anyway to "lock", place in the background or disable the graphic so
that I can select and work with the text, tables, etc. on the page?

Thanks.
--
Aj