List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Help on footers--again
From:       CPH <cphennessy () openoffice ! org>
Date:       2003-11-30 15:50:28

On Sunday 30 November 2003 13:21, max_weber@gmx.net wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 11:36:23AM +0000, CPH wrote:
> > On Saturday 29 November 2003 16:39, Dr. Lawrence M. Fox wrote:
> > > I am using a text document to record the names of my staff for a footer
>
> in
>
> > > my office stationery. I am copying the data in the document, going to
> > > my stw doc, and special-pasting into the footer. The DDE link is
> > > working
>
> great
>
> > > at home, but when I do what I think is the exact same thing at my
>
> office, I
>
> > > get the following:
> > >
> > >  Text body;Heading; Heading 1; Heading 2; Heading 3; Heading
> > > 4;List;Header;Footer;Caption;Frame contents;Index;WW-Default Paragraph
> > > Font;Lawrence M. Fox, DVM Diplomate, American Board of Veterinary
> > > Practitioners Canine & Feline Specialty Kathleen Heneghan, DVM ??
>
> Jameson
>
> > > Ketchmark, DVM
> > >
> > > How do I get rid of the formatting statements?
> >
> > Why not use the normal Paste instead of the Paste Special ?
> > I think that should work for you.
> >

> > You could also think of using autotext to get this working for you e.g.
>
> type
>
> > "thestaff" and hit F3 to get it replace with the text above.
>
> CPH, please accept my honest excuses for interrupting here again, but i
No problem at all - especially if I forgot something or misunderstood
something. Which seems to cover both in this thread :)

> think,
> that the real clue about Larry's question was, that - when looking also on
> the
> last thread concerning "Help on footers" on this list - he was asking for a
> solution for a _dynamic_ update. As far as i have understood the system of
> Autotext correctly (i hope so..), it will not be of help for this
> issue. Surely Autotext is helpful for creating a new document, but older
> documents will not get updated..

You are right, he should really use data source and place the fields in his
footers from the datasource.

--
CPH : openoffice.org volunteer

					http://support.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Also please reply *only* to users@openoffice.org, as your responses will be
answered more quickly, more correctly, and shared to help more people.