List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] changing formats
From:       Alan Frayer <afrayer () frayernet ! com>
Date:       2003-11-30 2:57:37

email address you can use when you have a users problem or question
about OpenOffice.org.

However please note that it is a moderated email list and most replies
*only* go to the mailing list so you should really consider sending an
email to users-subscribe@openoffice.org.

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 11:02, Marc Andrae wrote:

> To whom it may concern:
>
>                                                 I am having problems
> changing documents from open office
> format,(OpenOffice.org1.0TextDocument) to a word format. Is there
> anything that can be done in regards to setting the default to
> create or save documents in a word format. I am attaching a file in a
> format that I can not open or reformat.

Marc, attachments are not forwarded by the mail list, and are not
appreciated by many members who download at dial-up speeds, so,
sensitive to the needs of the dial-up members, we discourage attaching
files to the list.

To save files so Word can read them, you will need to choose Save As...
from the File menu, then pick the Microsoft Word format from the list of
file type choices available. Microsoft Word cannot read the file format
natively used by OpenOffice.org.

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer@frayernet.com
Friends don't let friends use Active Directory
Visit Frayernet - http://www.frayernet.com
Shop at buyneatstuff - http://www.buyneatstuff.net