List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Two Questions
From:       Jim Kelleher <jkelleher () jps ! net>
Date:       2003-11-30 3:48:55

On Saturday 29 November 2003 10:18 am, Dana Allen wrote:
> I am new to OpenOffice and really enjoy it.  I do have a couple of
> questions,
> 1.  Once I make a document with Openoffice I find that I cannot send it
> as an attachment to anyone who does not have this suite.  Am I doing
> something wrong?
> 2.  I can't seem to get java now that I have switched to OpenOffice 1.1
> Dana

Hi Dana,

First if you know that your associate is not using Open Office, what I do is
load the file into OOo and then click.
file -> Save As
The down in the file type pull down the menu and save the file as a MSO
97/2000/XP file.
That way most things can open it.

On the Jqve go to the sunsite.
http://java.sun.com

HTH
Jim TE
--
I think the end of times is upon us...
The French and Germans are agreeing and so are the Russians and Chinese!