List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] How to speed up starting a document-problem
From:       Salvatore Enrico Indiogine <hindiogine () sbcglobal ! net>
Date:       2003-10-31 20:14:05

Stephen:

I have never tried Debian, but if I wanted a more hands-on distribution,
I would use Gentoo.  I like having the system both optimized and
updated.

Compilation is only an issue at the installation, and a binary install
also exists.

During upgrades, the compiles happen in the background, while you still
can do all your work at the same time.  Of course, a modern system with
fast CPU and lots of RAM is the best for a Gentoo computer.

Ciao,
Enrico