List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: Export as PDF corrupts Mozilla 1.5 and Adobe Reader 6.0
From:       "G. Roderick Singleton" <grsingleton () openoffice ! org>
Date:       2003-10-31 14:45:59

Michael R. Wolf wrote:
> Ever since printing my first and only PDF file from a Powerpoint
> presentation that I read into OO 1.1.0, I've gotten strange results:
>  - Adobe Reader 6.0 will not start

Are you certain? I found that it is called but does get launched.

>  - double clicking a *.pdf file in explorer waits but does not launch
>  a viewer

That sounds more like a windows problem to me than anything else. What
shows in taskmanager?

>  - Mozilla 1.5 hangs when opening a *.pdf file (local or over the net)
>
> What did OO do to corrupt my previously-working Mozilla and Adobe
> interface to *.pdf files? How can I resolve it?

Probably nothing :-(  I tested mozilla on my linux box and got the same
results as you. I conclude from that that Mozilla's helper application
interface has problems. I have no problems with Netscape 7.x under linux
nor on the XP boxen that the family use.

If taskmanager shows extra copies of acroread then this is a symptom.