List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Re: Question
From:       Jim Kelleher <jkelleher () jps ! net>
Date:       2003-10-31 22:08:53

Thiis to me is beginning to sound like a corrupted registry problem...
Which is not something to approch with speed aor a a easy mind.
Sigh. Beyond that I have no idea.
Happy Penguinista.
Haven't used Windoze for years now... :)

Reformat Reload...
The Redmond Mantra.

JIm TE

On Friday 31 October 2003 07:05 am, Rich wrote:
> grmh. i've never used winxp, and as far i know (from angry shouts by
> my collegues and other people :) ) a lot of things are messed up in
> there :)
>
> anyway, if it at least remotely is similar then something like
>
> tools -> options in explorer;
> tab file types
> find offending extension (some versions of windows sorted them by
> extension, some by description, so this could be trivial or hard task
> depending on that)
>
> delete it.
>
> now find some .doc or whatever was the problematic file, dblclick it.
> now follow the procedure as before (choose oo.org in the list or click
> browse (right ?) and find it. select always open with this
> application.
>
> of course, this completely removes all the possibilities (if there
> were some) to print etc the file directly from the context menu, but
> as i understand that's not required anyway.
>
>  Rich
> ------------
>
> Daniel,
> Friday, October 31, 2003, 5:00:52 PM, you wrote:
>
> DC> On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 04:58:30PM +0200, Rich wrote:
> >> hmm, maybe helps something that worked for me in similar situation
> >> with rtf files -
> >> delete association for .doc and all other extensions that couse
> >> trouble, then open it from explorer & choose oo.org to always open it.
>
> DC> How about some instructions on how to do that?

I think the end of times is upon us...
The French and Germans are agreeing and so are the Russians and Chinese!
The Germans want peace! The French think the US is arrogant!
Jim