List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    XFIG figures in OOf docs?
From:       Wojciech Zabolotny <wzab () ise ! pw ! edu ! pl>
Date:       2003-10-31 11:39:45

Hi all,

I use the XFig as my main graphic utility (because of convenient UI,
many stuff which I've prepared over the years of work and so on).
Now I've been forced to use OOf instead of LaTeX to prepare some
materials...
Is it possible to import the FIG files into OOf document in the vector form?

I tried to export EPS from XFig, convert to DXF with pstoedit, and then
import to OOf.

Unfortunately using this method I get very small figure in very big
bounding box.
Additionally the resulting figure is not editable in OOf, so I can not
correct the problem.
I don't know if the problem is in XFig export, in pstoedit conversion or
in OOf import procedure :-(

I tried to use http://sourceforge.net/projects/xfig2sml/ to convert FIG
files into OOf drawings, but
this program didn't work at all (text strings in the drawings were
messed completely).

Is there any other, more reliable way to import FIGs into OOf?

--
        Thank you in advance,
        Wojtek Zabolotny