List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    MySQL questions
From:       Eron Lloyd <elloyd () lancaster ! lib ! pa ! us>
Date:       2003-10-28 18:23:13

Hello again,

I'm really enjoying the OOo Data Source components, making need for an Access
type application less important (but still a good idea, especially for single
file databases containing tables, queries, forms, etc.) In working with a
relatively large table (250,000+ records) in MySQL connected to the J/
Connector using JDBC, OOo crashes and throws an "OutOfMemory" error. Has
anyone else experienced this before I report it?

Also, I've noticed that connecting to MySQL through the Data Source, when
editing a table it doesn't pick up the indexes properly. It seems to want to
produce it's own, even disallowing me from editing records inline because it
can't see the existing primary key.

I'd like to be able to drop Access in favor of this for my staff, but these
bugs would definately come back to bite me. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eron

--
Eron Lloyd