List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Powerpoint
From:       Paul Wright <pwright2 () cox ! net>
Date:       2003-10-09 16:24:16

1.  As several have mentioned, because you are not subscribed to the list,
you may not get all the answers offered.

2.  Yes, you can view and edit and even create powerpoint presentations in
the Impress function of OOo.

         a.  When you save the modified/created file, you must remember to
save as a .ppt file.  The default OOo suffix (and internal format) is
different and cannot be read by Powerpoint.

         b.  For words on a background, Impress and Powerpoint are quite
compatible, but for animations and other fancy stuff, each supports
functions not supported by the other.  Check your presentation before
showing it in the other program.