List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Powerpoint
From:       Wesley T Allen <wezlo () comcast ! net>
Date:       2003-10-09 17:07:41

Ann-Marie wrote:

> Hello!  I love your Open Office product.  It is quite outstanding.  I am a novice \
> to computers and have a question.  My son brought a floppy disc home from school \
> with a Microsoft powerpoint presentation on it.  Can he work with Powerpoint on \
> Open Office, and can you tell me how it may be done?
> Sincerely,
>
> Ann-Marie Keenan

Ann-Marie,
    OOo Impress will open PowerPoint files, you just need to open
OpenOffice.org and open the file from the floppy.  May I suggest that
you drag the presentation on to your hard-drive?  It'll be a lot easier
to work with, and you won't need to worry about the floppy being bent
out of shape.
    When you save, you may want to keep two copies, one in OOo format,
and the other in PowerPoint format.  You may even want to burn a CD with
OOo on it so your son can take OOo to school with him.....

Wes