List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Re: [friends] [users] Bogus Microsoft and related e-mail
From:       Ain Vagula <ain () riiska ! ee>
Date:       2003-10-05 18:54:39

dennis tuchler:
> On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 11:07, Benson Tsai wrote:
> > strange, i don't get them...
>
> ok.  that shoots that theory!  So, where do they come from?

All lists have web archives, spam robots (and virus distributors) can get from
them a lot of addresses.
Yesterday I unfortunately sent 2 letters into very widely used newsgroup.
Within couple of hours I received several HUNDREDS of 'security patces from
MS' (usually there is about 50...60 pcs. in a day) :)

ain