List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Re: Only one format in a text box?
From:       Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-09-08 16:58:11

Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Thanks for the testing and the suggestions. Though I cannot open the
> file, it's password protected, my problem was exactly as you also found
> out that impress handles every textbox as a paragraph and you cannot
> assign different formats but with the workaround mentioned by bones and
> Urska. From my point of view this is clearly a bug, as it is very
> annoying to use different textboxes for the purpose of assigning
> different formats.
> Further as bones stated, if you have applied a bullet format, the
> stylist box does not assign new formats, when double-clicking an entry,
> another bug, maybe related.
>
> What I did not get is what bones meant by writer and calc too. What did
> you do? In Impress it's clear, the stylist does not work after assigning
> bullets. If you could maybe tell me the steps you did in Calc and Writer
> leading to the same bug, so I could add that to the issue.

Has anyone tried this in RC4? When I do so, the bug is even worse. I
open a new presentation, enter some text and no matter what style I
click it has no effect, even when no bullets are assigned. This way I
cannot even test, if the bug relating two formats in one textbox still
exists, as I cannot apply any styles. Right-clicking on the styles in
the stylist only displays the menu-entry modify and not assign, was this
the same in RC3?

Sven