List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] powerpoint
From:       Daniel Carrera <dcarrera () math ! umd ! edu>
Date:       2003-08-26 21:28:24

OO will not "override" Word and Excel unless you tell it to (during the
install program), and the only way in which it will "override" them is
that when you double-click on a .doc file it will open in OO instead of
Word.  But you can still open Word and go to File > Open and select the
.doc file.

If you choose to do this, and later change your mind, you can fix the
problem very easily:

  * Right-click on the .doc or .xls file.
  * Select "Open With".
  * Choose Word or Excel respectively and check the box that says
    "always use this program to open this kind of file" (or something
    like that).

That's it.  You don't need to uninstall or reinstall anything.

Cheers,
Daniel.