List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] powerpoint
From:       Wesley T Allen <wezlo () comcast ! net>
Date:       2003-08-26 18:36:20

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 11:45 am, dale wrote:
> Thanks, everyone, for the OO recommendations.  I do understand it overrides
> MS Word and MS Excel.  One question: should I dislike OO (God forbid!), can
> I uninstall it and return to my MS Word and MS Excel without a problem?  Or
> will those require a brand new reinstall?

It doesn't override MS Office unless you tell it to use OOo as the default for
MS Office formats.  You DO have to pay attention during the install, however,
if you want to make sure that MS formats continue to be opened by MS Office;
a lot of people just click "next" and that's how they think OOo "overrides"
MS Office, they just aren't paying attention...  Since you've been asking
smart questions I don't forsee you having a problem, just keep your eyes
open!

Wes

--
" Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
-Philip K. Dick