List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] file Associations
From:       Ben Branders <ben.branders () skynet ! be>
Date:       2003-06-13 14:40:22

Hey

At 13:38 13/06/03, bre wrote:
> Somwhow, I am getting OpenOffice to open any attached docs from my email program. \
> When I installed OO, I said I did NOT want it as my default office program, but I \
> guess it wants to be anyway. I've been trying to find out how to disassociate \
> OpenOffice so MS WORD will open my attached docs, like it always did. I really \
> don't like programs that decide things like this for you. If I say I don't want it \
> as my default program, I don't expect it to ignore me.

This can be done in your Windows Explorer.  Find there a .doc-file and \
shift-rightclick on it.  Now there is an option "Open with ...".  Click on that and \
scroll to your Office program (probably winword or so)

> Pages don't display exactly the same as the did with MS Word.

Ever tried to open an OpenOffice.org file in MS Word ?  You should type your \
documents directly into OpenOffice.org.  Of course, if you have 1000's of files in \
MSWord format, you could open them, but you can't expect it to be totally the same...

--
Ben Branders                             [ www.benbranders.tk ]
Jabber ID : ben.branders@jabber.dk           [ www.jabber.org ]

Public-key [ 0x46938FDB ] available from http://pgpkeys.mit.edu