List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] OpenOffice Calc
From:       Gerd Ewald <lists () gerd-ewald ! de>
Date:       2003-06-12 9:50:23

Good morning Matt,

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:04:44 -0700 GMT your local time,
which was 12.06.2003, 08:04 (GMT+0200) where I live, you (Matt Needles)
wrote in <mid:006f01c330a8$871ed690$502d5142@needles.local>:

> What version of Excel are you using? I was referring to Excel
> XP(2002).
[...]
> entirely.

> I'm actually working with Excel 2003, but functionality is same as in XP in
> this area.

As it is here: Office 2k. (Well, only Excel is left. I already moved
everything to OOo)

I only found out that in OOo it is a possible to set a filter on the
pivot data shown, which is indeed not comparable to the MS-feature
"page-fields". But at least, so was my hope, the filter could help you
for a start, being some kind of surrogate, even if it is sub-optimal
one *gg*.

> As for changing the data range, I don't see a way to do that,  except for
> rebuilding the DataPilot.from the beginning.  You can add and remove fields
> quite easily though.

I was afraid, you will write this ;-)) Ok, thanks. It is a bit
annoying when you have already formatted the pivot table... Hmmm, I
think I will create some templates to quick format the cells. Thank
you for informing me.

--
Best regards,
 Gerd