List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Re: conditional page breaks and non-breakable blocks -- formatting for books, like XyWri
From:       RBE <rbe () flash ! net>
Date:       2003-03-06 20:59:53

On Thursday 06 March 2003 12:56 pm, Tamar Granor wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 22:05:42 -0600, RBE <rbe@flash.net> wrote:
> >I understand that styles can be used for this, but most often it's a
> >single paragraph (which, when made unbreakable, changes page breaks
> >further on) and really does not perform the same function.
>
> You don't have to create a new paragraph style for this. You can just
> apply the settings to a paragraph on-the-fly.
>
> I guess I don't understand what the original suggestion is looking
> for that's different than a paragraph that can't be broken across a
> page break.

I guess the really unique feature of this is the "No break for the next
N lines."

The other item that relates to this is the ability to take a final
document and make all pages end at the same point on the sheet of paper
(expanding or contracting text to do it).  This is especially useful
for printing in columns.

--
Robert Black Eagle (DS)
Get my key from http://www.keyserver.net/en