List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    OOo 644_m4 observations/problems
From:       pj () cassens ! com
Date:       2003-02-28 14:30:32

Problem:
We have been playing with the 644_m1 for a little bit and decided to go for the \
644_m4 just released. When I run swriter or scalc (haven't tried others' yet), the \
OOo program is shifted within the window frame. So, picture the regular border that \
surrounds your app and now picture the program within moved up about 1/2 inch. I end \
up with empty bottom portion of about 1/2 inch and the "File", "Edit" and those \
options appear under the title "Untitled1 - OpenOffice.org 644". I only need to \
resize the window and all is well. I installed over the 644_m1 directory structure \
which did not have this issue.

Environment: GNU/Linux, RH7.3 all errata, IceWM as the window manager.

Observations:
Default install appears to be multi-user; you need to say --single as the option \
now... COOL for me an an Admin ;)

Can't yet figure out how to get the install to not ask 8 questions like:
   replace uui64401.res? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename:
 without (re)moving the 644_m1 install?

The startup progress bar is appreceated by people with more modest hardware just to \
know something is happening

PowerPoint (the actual M$ generated output) files are closer to correct than in \
1.0.2.

Haven't crashed 644_m[1,4] yet. I prefer to use the 644 at this point.