List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Question about Email-receiving via exchange
From:       Richard <rholt () telcel ! net ! ve>
Date:       2003-01-31 14:13:34

Keith Matthews wrote:

>  However the original question was an MUA to work with Exchange which
>  strongly prefers to use the proprietary MS MAPI protocol, and most
>  of the products mentioned do not do so.
>
>  Evolution has the 'connector' plug in that will do so, however
>  Evolution is *NIX based although I hear rumours of a Win32 port. I
>  have no idea if Eudora or pegaus do.
>
>  Much though I would like the OP to convert their whole organisation
>  away from MS I am well aware that it is not a simple task (it's one
>  I'm looking into for organisations of 10,000+ at the moment), so
>  solutions that only run on Linux are not feasible in the short term,
>  shifting the MTA is much easier and makes changing MUA at a later
>  stage easier too.

I've changed to Mozilla Mail for the built-in spam filtering
(moz13prebeta), generally better filtering than Sylpheed (which has some
great features), better address book than Sylpheed also better than the
Kaddressbook2, and the calendar feature is almost there (works OK with
moz121) to replace Korganizer2.

And it is cross-platform for windows, linux, and mac-osx.
It's also a great browser without the security holes of IE.

Really don't know about working with Exchange server but that seems like
a security risk as well, based on wildly speculative rumors.

Richard.